Mother’s day is coming up – May 12! In case you, like me, are still trying to come up with something awesome to make for the mothers in your life, here’s a list of handmade ideas and inspiration!
- Wooden State Plaque – if you have access to something like a jigsaw, this would be a great project for a mom who is proud of her state/country!
- Lace Clay Dish – great for holding small items like jewelry, or just for display on its own!
- DIY Floor Mat – make a custom-sized floor mat for your mom’s kitchen or entry way to match her decor.
- Photo Blocks – can be arranged to show any of 6 pictures. Moms love photos of their kids!
- Clay Pot Critters – with spring just starting, these would be a great gift to put on a porch or in a garden.
- Self-Watering Seed Starter Pots – if you start soon, you could gift some cute little plants for a garden!
- Colored Vases – these pretty vases are easy and cheap to make (try goodwill for glass!), but are no longer water-proof, so try gifting them faux flowers (bonus – they last forever!)
- Embossed Metal Decor – a simple project that could be made with any design or quote.
- Terrarium Necklace – this would be a great gift for a mom who loves jewelry and gardening!
- Bath Bombs – these fizzy balls would be a great gift for someone who loves to be pampered!
- Cupcake Bouquet – for the mom who has everything (and isn’t on a diet!) try this adorable edible cupcake bouquet.
- Birds’ Nest Necklace – If your mom likes jewelry, try making her something like this fun necklace.
- DIY Infinity Scarf – it may (or may not!) be warming up wherever you are, but a gauzey infinity scarf would still be great for spring!
- Etched Glass – etching glass is surprisingly easy, and the possibilities are endless!
And to go with your gift, here are some great free printable cards!