Today is Sew Mama Sew’s biannual giveaway day! Head over here to check out the whole list of giveaways going on this week – maybe you’ll get lucky and win something awesome! I’m giving away a big pile of colorful zippers – read just a little bit further to find out more details and how to win!
If you’re new here for giveaway day, Hi! I’m Julia, and this is where I blog about some of the things I love to make and do. I post twice a week about sewing, recipes, crafty/household projects, and other awesome stuff. Here are a few of my favorite projects I’ve done on this blog in the past few months:
1. Perler Bead Earbud Decoration
2. Color Block Winged Square Tablet Case
3. Homemade Money Saving Powder Laundry Soap
4. DIY Glass Vase Lamp
5. Surprise Lunch Message
6. Ocean Chevron Quilt
7. Paper Pieced Hummingbird
8. Tidy Bobbin Storage
9. Earrings and Lace Clay Bowl (bowl tutorial here)
Today, I decided to give away lots of colorful zippers. They are one of my favorite sewing/craft supplies, especially in fun colors like this!
I was lucky enough to find a ton of zippers at a fantastic price from a seamstress going out of business last summer. And so now I’m going to share some with you! I’m sharing about 125 zippers, split among a total of 5 winners. Yes – there are 5 chances to win a rainbow of 25 zippers each! Each winner will get an assortment of nylon and metal zippers including a wide range of colors (each winner will get one of most of the colors shown in these pictures) from 7″ to 22.” If you win and really want something in particular (color/metal vs nylon/length), I’ll do my best to help you out, but may have a limited quantity available depending on how specific you are. To enter, leave one comment telling me your favorite thing about spring (or whatever season it’s becoming in your part of the world!). And please leave an email address so I can contact you if you win! While I’d love for you to follow me through a feed reader, facebook, twitter, and/or pinterest, none of those will help you win any zippers 🙂
Since these are fun colors and a variety of lengths, they’d be great for zipper pouches, clothes, and a variety of other projects. Try out the zip-up pouch I made (shown below) with just a 20″ zipper and piece of ribbon!
I also put together a pinterest board of fun zipper projects to inspire you! Check it out here.
Again, to enter the contest, all you need to do is leave me a comment telling me your favorite thing about spring! Giveaway will close Friday, May 25th, at 7:00 PM CST. I’ll email the winners this weekend – so make sure you leave an email address. I’ll also update this post with the winners then. I’d love to see you around here again 🙂
UPDATE: Wow – thanks everyone for entering 🙂 Using random.org’s random number generator, the selected winners are:
- 288: Kristen “My favorite thing about spring is all the rain we get in my city. Also, the colors!”
- 320: Nicole “We live in northern California (transplanted from upstate NY where this time of year is often rainy), so what I love most about Spring is being able to eat dinner outside. And we do so almost every night!”
- 338: Stephanie “the green- how vibrant the leaves are, how the air smells green and the smell of fresh cut grass”
- 420: Doreen “The return of the beautiful humming birds to my feeders.”
- 548: Melissa “Favorite thing about spring – beautiful flowers everywhere!! Thanks for the giveaway!”
I’ve sent the winners emails to coordinate shipping out your packages. Everyone else – best of luck with the other giveaways 🙂