I shared some of my favorite pinterest avocado finds last time (see my full avocado pinterest board here), but I saved this recipe for a special post all its own: avocado pasta. This has been one of my husband and my favorite recipes all summer – its quite healthy pasta recipe which still has a tasty creamy sauce – just this time the creaminess is from avocadoes (and great for your skin and hair!) instead of cream (which is really just great for lovehandles). It also comes together in about 15 minutes!
Avocado Pasta Recipe
makes about 4 servings
adapted from Oh She Glows
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 small avocadoes (or about 1.5 large ones)
- 7 oz. spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (for cooking pasta – if you want)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to box directions. I usually add a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the boiling water to keep noodles from sticking together.I like to use pasta high in fiber and protein – this time I used Barilla Plus.
2. While pasta is cooking, add garlic, lemon juice, avocados, and 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese to food processor. Pulse until well blended.
3. Once pasta is cooked and drained, mix sauce into pasta. Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Have you ever made a creamy sauce using something healthy instead of cream?
I’m sharing this at some of these places.